- Film crew to work along Three Mile Bridge Road | 1 day, 4 hours ago
- Forbes resigns; Shaw congratulated | 1 day, 7 hours ago
- Firefighters battle Rutland Plywood blazes | 2 days, 4 hours ago
- Vergennes Arts Walk features "Faces and Places" | 2 days, 23 hours ago
- VSAC: Eligible Vermont low-income students can receive funds to cover incidental costs of college courses | 3 days, 1 hour ago
- Vermont primary voting takes place Tuesday, Aug. 26 | 3 days, 5 hours ago
- Field Days was a gas! | 3 days, 6 hours ago
Film crew to work along Three Mile Bridge Road 1 day, 4 hours ago
Firefighters battle Rutland Plywood blazes 2 days, 4 hours ago
Vergennes Arts Walk features "Faces and Places" 2 days, 23 hours ago
Vermont primary voting takes place Tuesday, Aug. 26 3 days, 5 hours ago
From the editor: A case of solar hubris 4 days, 2 hours ago
Remembering Jim Jeffords 4 days, 4 hours ago
- Hinesburg athlete gearing up for Special Olympics
- Flo Meiler hits the right mark
- Brandon driver to make Adirondack debut
- Whaleboat race brings locals to Boston
- Vermont Lake Monsters 7, Lowell 5
Lifestyle and Entertainment
- Film crew to work along Three Mile Bridge Road
- Vergennes Arts Walk features "Faces and Places"
- Claude Bourbon to bring Gallic panache to Brandon Music scene
- Hinesburg F.D. plans Fun Day
- Sleuthing a local road of mystery is an annual event
Letters to the Editor
- Field Days was a gas!
- Benefit for Conrad F. Bell
- Signs of the times
- Vergennes Lions’ say thank you
- Orwell man arrested
- Police seek eyewitnesses
- Drivers injured in Monkton crash
- Searching Lake Champlain for a lost 1971 jet
- Theft of items at Silver Lake
- Forbes resigns; Shaw congratulated
- Firefighters battle Rutland Plywood blazes
- Town considers new ordinances
- From the editor: A case of solar hubris
- Board considers solar-power plan
Road to be closed between Route 7 and Halladay Road
Three Mile Bridge Road will be closed to traffic between Route 7 and Halladay Road, from 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 24, until 12:30 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 25, while a film crew is working in the area. Flagging personnel will be on scene for traffic control during this period. Please call the Middlebury Town Manager's Office at 388-8100 x 202 with any questions or concerns.
A fire Aug. 20 at the Rutland Plywood Corp. facility, located on Ripley Road in Rutland, kept multiple firefighting crews busy. After the initial fire was extinguised, another blaze broke out and caused extensive damage. According to fire officials on the scene and early news reports, flames were first spotted in a tower situated on the suth end of the plywood manufacturing plant.
Thursday, Aug. 21, from 5-7 p.m.
The Vergennes Arts Walk reception is this Thursday, Aug. 21, from 5-7 p.m. There will be music at the Vergennes Farmer's Market, and a reception at Creative Space Gallery for the newest show, "Faces and Places" and the Gallery Group Show.
VSAC: Eligible Vermont low-income students can receive funds to cover incidental costs of college courses
Vermont Student Assistance Corp. will administer a new program that provides $50,000 in stipends this year to help low-income high school students cover the costs of books, fees and travel associated with dual enrollment courses.
With the Vermont Primary Election a week away, area candidates would like to remind all Vermonters about the importance of voting:
Candidate Column by Amy Sheldon for Vermont State House
Lately, I’ve been wondering why Vermont is rushing so quickly to embrace every neighborhood solar- and wind-energy project that comes down the pike.
Funeral service in Rutland, Aug. 22
James Merrill “Jim” Jeffords (May 11, 1934–Aug. 18, 2014) was a U.S. Senator from Vermont. Sworn in to the Senate in 1989, he served as a Republican until 2001, when he left the party to become an Independent and began caucusing with the Democrats. He retired from the Senate in 2007. Prior to the Senate, he served as the U.S. Representative for Vermont’s at-large congressional district from 1975 to 1989.
Mary Hogan Elementary School Principal Thomas Buzzell and Assistant Principal Steven Lindemann welcome Mary Hogan students and parents to the 2014-15 school year.
Brandon Music presents Claude Bourbon, highly acclaimed acoustic guitar player, on Sunday, Sept. 7, at 7:30 p.m. Born in France in the early 1960s, Bourbon who has a reputation as a formidable performer, grew up in Switzerland where he was classically trained.
Hinesburg Fire Dept. Chief Al Barber is hoping a planned public event draws scores of local residents to the fire station, turning the gathering into an educational opportunity for the community.
Aug. 23 tour of Hubbardton Military Road
Right in our own backyard is an historic 18th-century roadway that helped, in no small way, to turn the tide of battle and help create the United States of America.
Vergennes Day celebrates its 33rd year on Saturday, Aug. 23.